- Soak the isinglass in cold water.
- Pour the cream, milk and sugar into a saucepan. Add the vanilla bean. Bring on a moderate heat for about 15 minutes, heating the mixture without boiling it.
- Remove the vanilla bean, add the well squeezed isinglass and stir until it has completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into little jars and leave to cool, then place in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Shortly before serving the dessert, decorate the panna cotta with Cremadelizia ai fichi caramellati (caramelized fig spread).